📣 Polls are going to be easy to incorporate into Microsoft Teams Meetings by late November – early December 2020! Here’s the scoop on the new functionality.
Previously in Microsoft Teams, polls could just be created in the Teams chat pane. Now the polls will be integrated into the meeting itself to enable meeting facilitators another way to actively engage with their audience or team members. [This will be similar to what you may be used to using in Zoom or WebEx.]
With this integration, meeting presenters can create polls using Microsoft Forms before a meeting, or on the fly during a meeting.
Check out the different MS Teams Meeting Poll features:
- During the meeting, the presenter can launch polls that attendees from any endpoint (mobile, web, desktop) can view and answer, turning passive listeners into active participants.
- When the poll is published, it will pop-up on the respondents’ meeting screen as well as in the meeting chat, so it’s impossible to miss.
- Presenters can choose settings such as “anonymous responses” and “close the poll” so that it’s no longer accepting responses.
- All attendees will be able to see the results in real-time and respondents can follow up after the meeting to respond to a poll if the poll has not been closed.
- For less structured meetings where advanced planning is not required, meeting attendees can create ad-hoc polls during a meeting to get quick feedback on-the-spot.
- After the meeting, results of the poll can be exported for further analysis in Excel.
Contact us to bring Virtual Work Insider’s Virtual Leadership Training Workshops to your company. Our most popular workshops include: Influencing Across Distance, Successful Remote Reporting Relationships, Driving Culture in Distributed Teams, and Leading Effective Virtual Meetings & Remote Presentations.