Director of Training & Client Services
About Virtual Work Insider
Virtual Work Insider is a consultancy that provides thought leadership and training on how to lead, communicate, collaborate, and build culture in hybrid and remote teams.
At Virtual Work Insider, we are on a mission to mitigate distance bias and create location inclusion. Our purpose is to support leaders to achieve their potential and purpose, from anywhere. We know that the critical leadership skills of today, and into the future, are the skills to lead and work across distance.
Virtual Work Insider has counseled and trained clients across many industries, including Toyota, Eventbrite, Vanguard, Under Armour, L’Oréal, Highwire PR, Gilead, and Cisco. Since the launch of the company in late 2018, Virtual Work Insider has delivered over 200 training sessions, executive team workshops, and other speaking engagements on the topics of hybrid and remote work – to audiences of 10 to 1,000+. See what our clients say about working with us!
The Director of Training & Client Services is an integral part of the Virtual Work Insider team, reporting directly to the CEO. Join us to make an impact on our learners and our clients through developing thought leadership content and delivering training programs designed to build the skills to lead, communicate, collaborate, and build culture in hybrid and remote teams.
Location: Fully remote
What You’ll Do
- Understand our clients’ needs in order to customize content for training sessions, executive workshops, and keynotes on topics including mitigating distance bias, embracing location inclusion, creating new hybrid team communication rituals and norms, managing & coaching direct reports remotely, driving virtual team culture, and influencing key stakeholders across distance.
- Deliver and facilitate live training workshops and speaking engagements for clients across multiple industries and for learner audiences varying from 10 people to 1,000+ people. The vast majority of training is done virtually via video conferencing software (not in person).
- Provide a superior client experience. Lead and execute complex learning & development projects from intake call through content customization and delivery, ensuring a smooth and easy client experience while role modeling virtual team best practices.
- Support the CEO with business development. Write customized project proposals addressing specific client learning and development needs, consulting needs, and budget considerations.
- Assist in planning and executing quantitative surveys and the corresponding key findings reports to better understand a client’s hybrid or remote work mindsets, behaviors, and skills.
- Coach and partner with Virtual Work Insider certified trainers, project managers, and data analytics team members.
- Must have deep, pre-pandemic, experience leading hybrid teams and working remotely in order to most effectively teach the Virtual Work Insider content.
- Minimum of 5 years leading a remote or hybrid team of at least 5 direct reports or dotted line reports
- Minimum of 5 years working remotely (can include time spent working remotely since the March 2020 pandemic)
- Strong group presentation & facilitation skills, including experience presenting virtually via video conferencing software to groups larger than 50 people
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated success in managing complex projects against defined deadlines
- High comfort level using technology tools (especially video conferencing platforms), including the ability to troubleshoot when tech issues arise
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excitement to learn and jump into multiple workstreams within a small business environment
- Growth mindset with willingness to be coached and openness to feedback
- Bachelor’s degree
- While working remotely, have been at a Senior Manager or Associate Director level or above position
- Experience working within or with mid to large-sized enterprise companies (>$250M in Revenue)
- Content creation experience
- Learning & Development experience designing training curriculum rooted in adult learning theories
- or Marketing experience creating engaging content via storytelling
- Understanding of change management principles
- Experience with data analytics for quantitative surveys
Location & Logistics
- Location: Fully Remote within the USA. Virtual Work Insider is a fully remote company.
- Travel: < 10% of time required for travel. Virtual Work Insider delivers the vast majority of services to clients virtually.
- Time Zone Requirement: must be available to take internal and client meetings and respond to synchronous communication as needed during 9am-5pm EST/EDT, with some flexibility to accommodate meetings with clients that are located in other time zones (mostly US CST, MST, PST and occasionally international)
- Flexible Work Hours: We live the virtual team skills we teach to our clients, so we believe in a balance of sync and async communication and creating a team working agreement to establish core meeting hours and focus time.