About Virtual Work Insider
Virtual Work Insider is a consultancy that provides thought leadership and training on how to lead, communicate, collaborate, and build culture in hybrid and remote teams.
At Virtual Work Insider, we are on a mission to mitigate distance bias and create location inclusion. Our purpose is to support leaders to achieve their potential and purpose, from anywhere. We know that the critical leadership skills of today, and into the future, are the skills to lead and work across distance.
Virtual Work Insider has counseled and trained clients across many industries, including Toyota, Eventbrite, Vanguard, Under Armour, Sephora, L’Oréal, Highwire PR, Gilead, and Cisco. Since the launch of the company in late 2018, Virtual Work Insider has delivered over 250 training sessions, executive team workshops, and other speaking engagements on the topics of hybrid and remote work – to audiences of 10 to 1,000+. See what our clients say about working with us!
We are looking for a roll up your sleeves, get stuff done, project juggler and expert communicator to join our team. You will be involved in cutting edge work across a range of industries and contributing to having an impact on thousands of people as they upskill for the hybrid and virtual work future.
Location: Fully remote
Employment Type: Part-time Subcontract
Compensation: $50 per hour (USD). Number of hours varies by week depending on client workload. Expect an average of 20-30 hours per month.
What You’ll Do
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop and own project timelines, including updating project management software (e.g. Asana) or other timeline documents with key dates and deliverables across client, business & marketing workflows
- Actively ensure Virtual Work Insider employees, certified trainers, and clients are aware of upcoming deadlines and deliverables for client and business/marketing opportunities and are working toward those dates to deliver on time or early
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, anticipate and highlight tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus constraints
- Proactively problem solve when project scope or due dates change and provide recommended solutions to adapt to new timing and needs
- Prepare client communications for upcoming training sessions, meetings, or keynote addresses
- Work with clients to build out the schedule of key milestones for training programs and speaking events and ensure invites are sent
- Create meeting agendas and take detailed notes during internal and client meetings and create actionable recaps (key agreements and next steps) and translate next steps into Asana tasks
- Prep scaffolding of documents for training programs and organize them in shared folders for Virtual Work Insider trainers to then customize for each client
Additional Job Responsibilities (as needed)
- Serve as a producer for client speaking engagements or workshops as needed. This includes understanding the “Run of Show” for the session, then putting prompts into the chat, pushing learners into breakout rooms, providing links to exercise templates, and watching for learner questions
- Prepare client surveys, such as loading email addresses into online assessment tool (e.g. SurveyMonkey), monitor completion rates, and send reminders to respondents to complete surveys
- Provide thought leadership for how to streamline and simplify project processes, client communications and activities.
- Create and update reports on success metrics for training programs and other services as needed
- Proactive – excited to work in an entrepreneurial, agile, small business environment and bring proactive recommendations about how to improve client and learner experience & content, and streamline processes
- Detail orientation and highly organized – deliver on commitments by due date and consistent with defined objectives & specifications Proactive – excited to work in an entrepreneurial, agile, small business environment and bring proactive recommendations about how to improve client and learner experience & content, and streamline processes
- Strong communicator – demonstrate clear and concise written and oral communication
- Growth mindset – willingness to be coached and openness to feedback
- Proficient with Asana workflow software, or similar cloud-based project management software
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams) and Google Suite
- Proficient with video conferencing platforms to support client engagements: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Webex
- 5+ years of experience successfully managing multiple complex projects simultaneously that each include multiple internal and external stakeholders that are geographically distributed across different locations (i.e. not all co-located)
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience working remotely
- 3+ years of a client facing project management role
- PMI certification
Location & Logistics
- Location: Fully Remote. Virtual Work Insider is a fully remote company and delivers the vast majority of our client services virtually.
- Time Zone Requirement: must be available to take internal and client meetings and respond to synchronous communication as needed during 9am-5pm EST/EDT, with some flexibility to accommodate meetings with clients that are located in other time zones (mostly US CST, MST, PST and occasionally international)
- Subcontractor will supply their own:
- Stable, high-speed internet
- Computer equipment – desktop or laptop, monitors, microphone/speakers as needed
- Quiet place from which to virtually attend internal and client meetings
- Virtual Work Insider will supply:
- Company email address
- Access to all company cloud–based software tools: Asana, Slack, MS Teams, shared drive for document collaboration etc.