Virtual Work Insider’s Experience Proves Different Than Any Other
Founder & CEO
Years on the inside:
18 years as a marketer and business leader– agency and client side
12 years fully remote while leading hybrid & remote teams
“As the Insider, I know how hard it is to lead across distance. My 18 years of first-hand experience as a marketer, business leader, and innovator within a Fortune 500 company—and 10 years of leading remotely—has given me the knowledge to guide with the perspective of all leaders, partners, employees and the business at heart. I’ve put in years of time, energy, passion, and strategic planning into sharing virtual skills that build success stories.”
Sacha Connor, Founder and CEO
Sacha’s Virtual Leadership Credentials
More than a Decade of Virtual Work Experience
- Fully remote for over 12 years
- Led large, hybrid teams responsible for over $250 million in sales
- The first fully remote member of the leadership team of a $1B division
- Coached dozens of direct and dotted line reports
- Owned agency and external partner relationships
- Over 10,000 hours of leading virtual meetings, presentations, remote brainstorms, influencing remotely, team building and coaching
Public Speaker and Published Author
- Speaking engagements include IDEO U’s Creative Confidence Podcast, Diversity Best Practices’ EmERGe Summit, FlexJob’s TRaD Conference, Remote Year’s Future of Work Summit and the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Published or quoted by The Wall Street Journal, SHRM, the Network of Executive Women, Lehigh University, Remote.Co, and FlexJobs
Pioneered Virtual Work at The Clorox Company
- One of the first marketers to work remotely full-time
- Founded the first-ever Virtual Workforce Employee Resource Group, which now serves over 750 global members and influenced the C-suite. See more…
Trusted and Established Expert
- Guidance, coaching and program implementation for large enterprises to mid-sized agencies
- Spanning a variety of industries, including consumer packaged goods, food, healthcare, advertising, and financial services
Executive Director of Client Services & Training
Years on the inside:
20 years as a training and organizational development leader and consultant – across a variety of industries
14 years working hybrid and fully remote while leading hybrid, remote & geographically-distributed teams
Morgan’s Virtual Leadership Credentials
Over a Decade of Virtual Experience Leading and Developing Leaders and Teams
- 14 years working in a hybrid and fully remote environment and leading multiple, nationally-dispersed hybrid and remote teams across various industries
- 20+ years developing and facilitating virtual training and events and leading virtual meetings
- 10 years supporting C-suite executives in the creation and execution of world-class learning and development strategies that include a mix of onsite, live-online, and on-demand professional development opportunities that align with organizational goals and aggressive P&L targets
- Pursuing a PhD in Business Management and Leadership with an emphasis on working in a hybrid and remote workforce
- Certified International Coaching Federation (ICF) coach who has partnered with global employees at all levels on how to coach, inspire, communicate, influence, and support their teams across distance.
- Holds a Master’s degree in instructional technology with a focus on e-learning and instructional systems design
- One of the first pioneers in the U.S.to audit and transform on-site training and certification seminars into online synchronous and asynchronous offerings
Award-Winning Learning Program Designer
- Developed award-winning live online and on-demand training and coaching programs for individual contributors and leaders
- Award-recipient of the Learning Elite award from CLO Magazine for the development of a leadership development program for High Potentials
- Award-recipient of an International E-Learning Association (IELA) award for the development of an on-demand leadership coaching course
Published Author and Speaker
- Co-author of The Five Coaching Conversations: A Research-Based Model for Maximizing People’s Performance and Potential (Gates, Massie, Williams, 2020)
- Co-author of Change RHYTHM: Guideposts for Building Resilience and Evolving Through Change (Massie & Starnes, 2021)
- Member of the Speakers Bureau for the Association for Talent Development
- Member of the Forbes Coaches Council – published and quoted by Forbes
Years on the inside:
12+ years of project management for hybrid and remote teams
3+ years working fully remotely
Tory’s Virtual Leadership Credentials
Over a Decade of Virtual Team Project Management Experience
- 12 years of experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously while working in hybrid and remote teams.
- Provide project planning and detailed execution support for Virtual Work Insider to deliver live training sessions and speaking engagements to thousands of learners.
- Built and implemented new processes to improve efficiency and hit deadlines.
Virtual Team Leadership & Training Experience
- 6 years as a supply chain people leader at Target – managing 50 people, leading work responsibilities across warehouse sites, and conducting virtual training.
- The first fully remote people leader and only remote member of the leadership team for MPParts.
- Created and executed multiple training programs across locations for Target and MPParts.
- Upskilled 25 employees into remote work for MPParts during the pandemic, then supported the transition to a hybrid work enviornment.
- Receive MBA through 100% virtual program, working with global classmates.
Succeeding in today’s virtual world of work takes a unique skill set and deliberate intentions. Have the right team show you how.
“It’s so helpful to work with someone who has the experience of working in a client organization, and who has also worked within agencies like ours.”
Sacha Connor: Our Founder’s Story
fully remote while leading hybrid and remote teams
We’ve been on the inside, client and agency-side.
Career and Life: The Path to Virtual
I’m actually a marketer by trade. I’m also a wife and mom of two school-aged kids. After growing up in the suburbs of Philadelphia and graduating from Lehigh University with a degree in marketing I started my career in advertising account management. First at a small agency, Backe Communications followed by 3 years at Goodby Silverstein & Partners in San Francisco. Client side was my next calling, moving me across the Bay to the Clorox Company in Oakland. And over the next 14 years I helped build brands worth multiple millions of dollars through leadership positions in Marketing, Sales and New Product Innovation, including Hidden Valley ranch dressing, Brita water filtration, Kingsford charcoal, and finally Pine-Sol and Liquid Plumr.
It was all essential in learning to dissect and influence consumer behavior, while understanding the importance of crafting great stories and leading and coaching people across so many backgrounds.
The big move came after the birth of our first child, when my husband and I decided that we needed to go back to Philadelphia so our children could grow up near their families. It was the hardest career decision I’ve ever had to make, because I loved my job and the success and mentorship I’d found in the Bay area. Which is why I’ll never stop feeling grateful that my senior leadership said YES to my proposal to stay in my role from 3,000 miles and three time zones away. After all this was 2010. The iPhone was relatively new, FaceTime, Slack and Zoom were either infant or non-existent—and I was responsible for millions of dollars in business. So I didn’t skip a beat. I set out to make the senior leaders feel as if I were right there, and that the business and culture were cared for as if I was. Not only did I succeed, I showed them that what I learned how to do was applicable to the 95% of the company since it had become so geographically distributed over time.
My, very personal, story is the reason why Clorox’s virtual work program ORBIT, the 750 and growing member Employee Resource Group spanning 21 countries, exists. It created and improved virtual collaboration company-wide, influenced tech and HR strategies, became a learning lab for IT, made HR training remotely available, and established techniques to combat distance bias.
So whether your story is personal, or simply, your company too has a need for change—I’m here to show you why and how virtual work 100% matters now and always.